20160229

Writers and Readers and my genres of choice



I've read (on more than one occasion) that authors often make the mistake of writing articles and suggestions for other writers rather than their readers. It is SUCH an easy trap to fall into. We love our craft. It excites us often to the point of distraction. Thus, we discuss our writing technique, our habits and failings as well as our 'aha!' moments.  I have the urge to fall into this pit, myself.

Readers are much more interested in our books than the craft of writing. They have become fans and want to know more about certain characters and will there be another book in a series which they liked, so this is my compromise. I will make every effort to separate the two, but will try my level best to make either topic of interest to the other community. Readers may well find writing points of interest, because I have illustrated their uses referencing parts of my books that they enjoyed. Writers may enjoy my breakdown of my own books (or not - lol)

I welcome other new and not-so-new authors who wish to offer articles which display their talents to either entertain us or be informative. All I ask is that such authors be courteous and conscientious of my desire to provide value to readers of my blog. This blog has not been set up to simply plug your book. How can you showcase your talents and bring value to my readers? That should be the first item on your agenda if you wish me to announce your written work to them.

As for myself, I write humor, romance and romantic comedy and welcome other author/bloggers to contact me with a view to cross promoting our work, if it is a good fit for us both. This blog is aimed only at the three genres just mentioned. Although I enjoy Sci-fi, horror and the odd mystery/thriller, this is not the platform for those genres.

Should you have a 'guest' article that you feel my readers might enjoy, please forward it to the email address below along with any pertinent information and any contact information you would care to share with me. Perhaps a synopsis of your book with a brief example from your written work illustrating your article's point might make my decision of whether or not to share it with my readers, an easier one. Thanking you in advance for any possible mutually beneficial partnership which may transpire.

Please send such details to:-             alexbahscot@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment