20170217

Moving from Kindle Free to Kindle Paid - The 'Dear Roz' Romantic Comedy Serial

Well, the journey continues. Having reached as high as #12 in the Kindle Bestseller Rankings in Free, I had dropped down to #75 before I ended the promotion and joined the paid ranks for this collection of 4 novellas. The Dear Roz Romantic Comedy Serial slotted into the paid Bestseller rankings at just over #32,000, which was very good due to how well it did when free (almost 11,000 downloads) not bad for a newbie author.

From there, it plummeted down to 65,000 almost overnight (I almost lost my lunch) before rebounding to around the #43,000 mark. Shortly after that it moved to #14,168 and at this moment in time is #9,968. Both categories had my book well over #10,000 but after a couple of days, the book is #200 in collections & Anthologies and up from #1114 to #806 in Romantic Comedy which is extremely competitive.

Now it's just a question of tweaking keywords and reverse engineering categories to try and sustain or improve rankings. Fluctuations are inevitable as is its eventual slide. Apparently the 30 day drop is almost a given. (Good job I have so many others to take up the slack, none of which I have promoted at all, as yet) I have a couple of books finished but in need of serious editing and a few more started to various degrees which will shortly claim my attention.

Giving birth (as it were) to a new book is sooooo exciting. Watching it climb and fall in the ratings is no different than watching a nine month old baby making his or her first attempts at standing and then walking. Falling and getting back up to try yet again is the only way to go. I love being an Indie author. I enjoy writing and am fascinated with marketing, the two biggest facets of being an independent author. I'd love you to join me on this journey.
                                                                                                  Alex B

No comments:

Post a Comment